Saturday, February 27, 2010

Interview with Dyche Design

Today, I'm happy to present you another Etsy seller : DycheDesigns.
You can find everything in her shop: jewelry, bags, clay creatures, scarves, soaps or candle! Kathryn accepted to speek a little bit about herself, her shop and her success:
 
Can you present yourself and your shop?
Hi, my name is Kathryn. I was born in Wales, grew up in Oxfordshire (UK) and now live in Virginia with my husband and two cats.

After moving to the US in 2004 I found myself with access to so many more crafting materials and I was like a kid in a candy store. As the house filled up with my creations I looked into ways of having an online presence which is when a friend of mine suggested Etsy. I opened up my shop ‘Dyche Designs’ in April 2008 and haven’t looked back since.

I always love walking into a physical store that has a wide variety of items so that’s what I try to create in my online shop. I like having choices so it was important for me to be able to offer my customers a wide range of products.

* You have made a lot of sales, what is your secret?

I’ve been on Etsy for close to two years. At first sales were slow and I did so much better with in person sales than online. After I worked on improving my photos I noticed that I was starting to get included in treasuries and featured on blogs. I think the key things are great photos, great customer service and to promote as much as you can.




* Do you have a favorite way to promote your shop?
Promoting my shop takes a lot of time. I use twitter (http://twitter.com/DycheDesigns) and have just started blogging more regularly too (http://dychedesigns.blogspot.com). I have always loved writing in the form of a diary or journal so blogging was a natural transition for me and my favorite promotional tool right now.

* What is your preferred item?
I honestly don’t have a preferred item. As you’ll see from my shop I love variety and trying new things so it really depends what I’m feeling at a given time. Right now I’ve been bitten by the sewing bug and have been having great fun making cushion covers. I also love soaps and candles and the smells that emanate throughout the house when I pour them.


 Thank you Kathryn!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing to feature my shop, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment